Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 days and counting...

Posted by A. at 3:04 PM


And the buzz is starting. Besides Geoff's radio interview (see below),
Damien G Walter over at the Guardian blog has a write-up:


OK, I admit it, sci-fi is boring. After endless Star Trek re-runs, innumerable badly scripted Hollywood movies and a thousand video games with pixel-deep narrative, the once wondrous ideas of sci-fi have become yawn-inducing. Fortunately for me, beyond the world of tedious mass media sci-fi, lies the exciting world of literary science fiction or "SF" constantly producing new ideas to satisfy my hunger for wonder. Now a radical sect of SF writers and critics claim that SF needs to abandon all those wondrous ideas, and concentrate instead on the everyday and the mundane. All hail the Mundane Revolution!

Make sure to check out the comments section too. Best line of the week:

You obviously didn't go to Science Fiction finishing school.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great blog post in the Guardian, which inspired me to post my own thoughts on the topic over at the Short Review blog . Looking forward to reading the Mundane SF issue, I just ordered it!

Tania

5/05/2008 06:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Nike shox clearance said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

10/27/2010 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany Jewelry said...

This is a communication platform, thank everybody to share your information here.I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one.Thank you for your sharing,your post let me know a lot of information and knowledge.

11/23/2010 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But I may be one who does not care.yutrew88 Ever to have tree bloom or bear.
Wholesale Cheap Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Cheap New Era Hats

New Era Fitted Hats

Cheap Wholesale New Era Hats

4/20/2012 06:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home